After having a dog into your family, your life becomes more fun and rewarding. The warmth and loyalty that your dog offers to you is equal to the love offered by an entire family. Thus, it is your duty to provide your dog with a lot of love, care, shelter and food in return. Following are the ten basic dog care tips to treat your pooch like a family:
1. Let your pooch have his identification tag. Give you dog a collar that includes his name, address and telephone number. Thus, even if your dog is lost, he can be easily gotten back by someone who sees his identification around his neck.
2. Have a word with your veterinarian or local animal shelter in regard to the rules governing pet ownership around your area for all types of licensing and vaccination.
3. Take your dog outside only in leash. It doesn’t matter whether your dog is well-trained, you can still not guarantee your control over him. Thus, the best option is to keep your dog in a leash.
4. Just like the humans, dogs, too are social creatures who love to be with their families. Thus, it is important for you to spend time with your dog in the indoors. Though a fenced yard and a dog house serve good ideas for your pooch, yet they do not replace the warm companionship of people.
5. Take your dog for an annual visit to your veterinarian for an entire checkup. If not veterinarian, you can choose a local animal shelter or can also seek help from a friend who owns dogs. A dog’s health is very important.
6. Indulge in the activities like spaying or neutering your pooch to control the animal overpopulation. This is considered to be one of the first steps on the path to responsible ownership of the pets.
7. Let your dog feed on a nutritious diet every day. Consult your veterinarian about a healthy diet of your dog. Serve your dog with the fresh water to drink as well.
8. Like a small child, your dog too, apart from being trained, expects an appropriate behavior with the same loving nature from you. Thus, you must learn the art of training your dog in all love and care by the way of a training class. This will not only help you to control your pet, but also make the bond in between you and your dog stronger.
9. Your pooch needs to stay fit, healthy and clean. Thus, don’t forget to pamper your dog using a dog wash while bathing him. Also, you must take out plenty of time to play with your pooch. This should include a daily walk and any physical activity of your dog’s choice. Don’t forget to clean your dog with a dog wash after you both are done playing in the outdoors.
10. You can bet that your pooch is going to fill you with all the love and loyalty and he expects the same kinds of emotions from you. Thus, it is very important for you to show patience while you are working with your pooch.